Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Am Secure

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus..." Romans 8:35, 37-39

God's Word says that nothing can separate the believer from the love of Christ. As a believer, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, I am secure. To be convinced of these things means I absolutely believe God's Word is true and am pursuaded beyond doubt. Nothing I could dream up, nothing I could imagine, nothing that I could say, do or think would ever cut me off from God's love for me. He will never throw His hands up at me and say, "That's it... she's crossed the line one too many times!", because my God also promises over and over in His Word to never leave me, forsake me or abandon me. And when my God says never, He means it to the 5th power... never, never, never, never, no never! He wants me to know He is serious about that and He keeps His word.

Now this is not to say that if I make poor choices I can just skate by. Poor choices without God's forgiveness lead to a break-down in communication with Him. When I say, do or think something that is not pleasing to Him or does not line up with His Word, it is my responsibility to seek His forgiveness and make right the situation. The keeps my hands clean and my heart pure before Holy God. Where sin keeps me bound up, repentance and forgiveness keep me free, unchained and in right relationship with Him. His Word is saying that even before I confess, when I am in between sin and forgiveness, or being attacked on all fronts, in the midst of trials and suffering, or persecution or poverty, under threats or oppression, or whatever the case, if by faith I have trusted Christ, my salvation is secure in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment