Friday, December 17, 2010

Light Up Your World

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." John 1:5

Jesus is the "light". And I am a vessel through which the light of Jesus can shine. Believers are to be lights shining with and for Jesus in this dark and depraved world. Until the Lord opens the eyes and woos the heart of the unbeliever toward Him, the light in me does not make sense to them. It may seem foolish, be scoffed at, made fun of or turned away from because they have not yet realized their need for a Savior, redemption from sin, and simply believed.

This Christmas my heart's desire is to focus on Christ and shining a light for Him. I am choosing to simplify the season, serve the needy, spend time together as a family, and find ways to shine the light of Jesus into the darkness. How will you shine?

  • serve at a local ministry
  • give out of your abundance
  • spread God's love through word and deed
  • feed the hungry
  • visit the lonely
  • meet a need or volunteer a service
  • bless your enemies
Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus. Through His presence in my life I can reflect light into a dark world. Please give me opportunities to do this in practical ways I pray. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment