Sunday, December 5, 2010

God Gave Me An Idea...

"So God gave me the idea..." Nehemiah 7:5 (NLT)
"So my God put it into my heart..." Nehemiah 7:5 (NIV)

Nehemiah did not take credit for the idea he was about to execute. He fully understood that it was an idea imparted to him by God. For doesn't God's Word say that, "every good and perfect gift is from above"? A good thought or good idea would be a gift from God above, meant for the carrying out of His good works and purposes.

When I face challenges, I can ask God to give me an idea. A thought to solve the problem. A thought to change my perspective. A thought to direct my steps. I can ask Him to put a thought, an idea, in my heart.

Lord Jesus, I am facing some challenges in several areas of life. I ask You now to please put Your thoughts into my heart as I need to make changes, move forward, hold back. Change my faulty thinking and make my thoughts Your thoughts, so that I can be certain I am doing Your will and walking in Your ways. Let Your thoughts echo until I understand and do as You ask. In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment