Sunday, December 12, 2010

Laughter & Joy

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

Because of the great things my God has done for me my mouth shall be filled with laughter and my lips with shouts of joy!

My God has done so many wonderful things for me, they are too numerous to count. So why is my soul downcast today? I need to focus on the good things! I should speak about my God and His goodness, even in the midst of difficult situations, because my God who was faithful yesterday never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Though hard times come, joy comes in the morning. In other words, joy might seem to take a little vacation, but as sure as I can count on my God, I can count on my joy to return if my focus is on Him. Joy and laughter should be evidence of God's goodness in my life...and prayerfully it will draw people to Him.

Father, lift up my downcast spirit today I pray. Help me to focus on Your goodness. You have done so much for me and I am ever so grateful. Fill my mouth with laughter and my lips with shouts of joy. I pray and ask this in the Matchless Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment