Saturday, December 4, 2010

Unexpected Blessings

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

I was at the mall yesterday running an errand before meeting a friend for lunch when I got an unexpected blessing. As I rounded the corner headed to my destination a stranger spoke the words "God bless you ma'am!" in the sweetest way. It was spoken as if right into my ear because we passed in such close proximity. I was aware enough to know I was passing a couple walking hand in hand, but wasn't paying close attention, and didn't take note of their faces... I was in my own little world. I don't know what prompted the word of blessing, but it caught me off guard in a good way, and touched me!

After mentioning the experience to my friend, she was reminded of this video she'd seen of an unexpected Christmas blessing bestowed on unsuspecting patrons at a mall...




Unexpected blessing are sometimes the best kind. Little acts or words of kindness can make someone's day. And while we may never know how great the impact, God knows just what each person needs... and when. He might wish to use you, or He might want to use me, to express His love at just the right moment.

These thoughts reminded me of a note I used to have posted inside my bathroom cabinet that said "How can I bless others today?" In accordance with God's Word we are to spur one another on to love and do good deeds. Would you be willing to ask the Lord how you might bless someone unexpectedly in the coming days, and then come back and post a comment about what God prompted you to do? Or post how you've been blessed by someone else's unexpected act of kindness towards you, like my experience at the mall. Being a blessing IS a blessing. I would love to read about God's hand at work in and through your life! And as we share ideas, we also receive ideas, to spur one another on...

No comments:

Post a Comment