Thursday, December 30, 2010

Be Still & Quiet, My Soul

"My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty... I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have stilled and quieted my soul... O [Pamela], put your hope in the LORD, both now and forevermore." Psalm 131

My heart should not be proud, nor my eyes haughty. I should not concern myself with great matters - especially those that do not involve me. For those I can just pray. Before the LORD I should still and quiet my soul, and always put my hope in Him.

Father God, please help me to be humble and gentle in all things. Keep my heart from thinking proud thoughts. Lord, I want my words and thoughts to always please You. Keep me courteous, gentle, modest, respectful, polite, reserved, simple and submissive as it pleases You. I ask this in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment