Monday, December 13, 2010

Bold Faith

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. For in just a very little while, 'He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:35-39

Some days my confidence wanes, but most days my mustard seed faith keeps me moving forward, looking upward, believing God. His Word tells me that such confidence is richly rewarded. One day I will receive all that God has promised me. With that end in mind, I examine God's Word to see what I must do from now until then. It says that I must persevere, press on, endure the road laid out before me, and do my best to carry out God's will for my life. I must live by faith - not by sight -  and not shrink back if I want my Lord to be pleased with me. This to me describes bold faith. Unashamed faith. Believing faith. Confident faith. Pressing on through any kind of weather faith.

These are difficult days, but God says press on anyway. Do it in fear if you have to, but stand firm and do whatever God calls you to do. Embrace God's Word as you go. Ask the Lord for a word - a nugget of truth - each day as instruction and encouragement for the journey. Examine, embrace and uphold every word, and step out in faith.

Father God, I thank You for the living, breathing Word of God. It is Living Water for my thirsty soul. I thank You for the instruction and encouragement it gives me each time I drink it in. Prepare me Lord for the day ahead. I press on in You, believing Your promises. I ask You for bold faith and the temperment of a gentle and quiet spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I needed this today as I must boldly meet with someone to discuss where my family's faith and values are being challenged. Praying for strength from above. Lisha

    ReplyDelete