Monday, December 20, 2010

He Loved Me Enough

"Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teachings, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" John 8:31b-32

My words, my thoughts and my actions are the guage by which people can tell whether or not I am a follower of Christ. God's Word says if I am His disciple, I will strive to live according to His Word.

As I have sought to live in a manner consistent with God's Word; as I have basked in His truths and applied them to my life, they have proven powerful. Powerful enough to break the chains that bound me, heal the wounds that hindered me, correct my distorted views and set this captive free! I have learned God's truth and His truth has indeed set me free. My God loved me enough not to leave me in chains.

Father, Your Word is truth. Your Word has power. Your Word sets captives like me free. Praise You Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment