Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Appointed

"Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of Me and what I will show you." Acts 26:16

God appears to His people.
God appoints His people.
In this case, He is appointing Paul to be a servant and a witness for Him.
He is calling him to testify about what God has shown him, and what he will reveal to him in the future.

God has appointed me also, to be a servant and a witness for Him. To serve as He calls and to give witness to what He has done in my life, and we He has yet to do! Specifically He is calling me to put these things into words through journaling, writing and sharing via blog.

God's Word also says in Acts 23:11...

"The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, 'Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.'"

This reminds me that I must be obedient to answer the call to future endeavors He puts before me, opportunities to share, and not just be content with what and where I have shared in the past.

The Lord also led me to this passage today, with instruction as to what and how to share:

"When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need - words that will help others become stronger. Then what you say will do good to those who listen to you." Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)

Words have the power to hurt. Words have the power to heal. Words have the power to make one stronger. Words can do a heart good. I must choose my words wisely.

Oh Father, I want to be obedient in this. Help me Father to choose to be. Help me to designate time to journal and write and blog, and when I do, give me Your words - words that will help others become stronger and do their heart good, as well as my own. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment