(verb) to give back; the giving or bringing of a person back; to mend; to build up again; repair or renew
God's Word is all about making things new...
- In Genesis 40:13 - 41:13, some of God's people were restored to their position.
- In Exodus 4:7, Moses' hand that was made leprous for a moment was restored to healthy flesh.
- In Numbers 21:27, the cities of Heshbon and Sihon are hoped to be rebuilt and restored.
- In Deuteronomy 30:3, the Lord promises to restore fortunes.
- In 1 Samuel 7:14, towns that were captured from Israel were restored to her.
- In 2 Samuel 9:7, King David restored to Jonathan all that had belonged to his grandfather, Saul.
- In 1 Kings 13:6, a king's hand is restored.
- In 2 Kings 5:10, the flesh of a leprous man was restored and cleansed.
- In 2 Kings 8:5, Elisha restored the dead to life.
- In 2 Kings 14:25, particular boundaries in Israel are restored.
- In 1 Chronicles 11:8, the city of Jerusalem is restored.
- In 2 Chronicles 24:4, Joash restores the temple of the LORD.
- In Nehemiah 3:8, Jerusalem is restored again as far as the Broad Wall.
- In Psalm 14:7, the people are reminded to rejoice and be glad when the Lord restores their fortunes.
- In Psalm 23:3, the Lord restores the soul.
- In Psalm 41:3, the Lord sustains the sick and restores them from their bed of illness.
- In Psalm 51:12, David pleas for the Lord to restore the joy of his salvation.
- In Psalm 80:3 and 7, David seeks the Lord's favor asking Him to restore His people and make His face shine upon them.
- In Isaiah 38:16, health was restored.
- In Isaiah 49:8, God promises to restore the land.
- In Jeremiah 15:19, the Lord promises to restore in order that He might be served, upon repentance.
- In Lamentations 5:21, the people cry out to God to be restored to Him.
- In Daniel 4:34, Nebuchadnezzar's sanity was restored.
- In Matthew 9:30, Mark 8:25 and Acts 9:12, sight was restored.
- In Acts 3:21, we are promised a time when the Lord will come and restore everything.
- In Galatians 6:1, believers are encouraged to restore their brothers fallen to sin gently.
- In 1 Peter 5:10, God promises that after a time of suffering, He Himself will restore His child making him strong, firm and steadfast.
The Lord has come to make all things new. Restoration is a process by which He makes all things new. How has the Lord brought about restoration in your life? Has He restored your personal brokenness? A broken marriage? Resolved a health issue? Restored finances? Your church? Your job position? Your physical or spiritual sight? Your sanity?
Whatever the area of restoration, our response should be the same... praise Him! Take a moment today to praise Him for things once lost that have been restored in your life. Close by praying and asking Him to restore those things that are still broken...