Sunday, March 27, 2011

Move My Heart O God

"...the LORD moved the heart of Cyrus, King of Persia..." 2 Chronicles 36:22

Cyrus did not change his own heart's position or motives, and he didn't just change his own mind - the LORD moved his heart to make a proclamation that would permit Jews to return from captivity.

In my humanness I often get selfish and desire my way vs. God's way in things. Just like the King of Persia, I cannot of my own accord or in my own strength, might or power, change my heart either. So, I have taken time to consider the question, where does my heart need to be moved by God? What needs to change in order that my will line up with His? What about yours?

Father God, please move my heart in such a way in the areas where I am out of alignment, and line my will up with Yours I pray. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment