Monday, March 14, 2011

Icing on the Cake



"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

Loving the Lord is a verticle relationship and should always come first. Loving our neighbor (spouse, children, family, friends, neighbors, co-workers...) is a horizontal relationship and should come second.

When I am doing the first, loving God with all my heart, soul, strength and mind, the second should follow as overflow from a heart full-up on Jesus. When we keep our priorities in order, the way God intended them to be, all the good in our other relationships is like "icing on the cake" so to speak - with God being the main ingredient (the cake itself)!

Father, help me to fill up on You daily and live in right relationship with You so that I can be a blessing in every other relationship I have. Help me to respond and love in such a way that I become icing on other people's cakes! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment