Saturday, March 19, 2011

Measure of Love



I penned these questions the Lord prompted me to ask myself after praying through some things on my heart this morning...

  • Do I love others to the measure of which I believe God loves me? 
  • (long reflective pause)
  • Is that the reason I have grown to open up and love others more over the years?
  • Is that the reason I feel I still have far to go?

"And [God] has given us this command: Whoever loves God
must also love his brother." 1 John 4:21

  • Do I love others with the measure of love I am capable of in my own flesh, or with a God-given measure of love?

Lord Jesus, please help me to perceive Your great love for me on much deeper levels. Saturate me Lord. Help me Lord to take that love in, and then love those in my life that much more. I want to love like You love. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment