Monday, March 21, 2011

Anchor of My Soul

"Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls." Hebrew 6:18-19 (NLT)

In this ever declining society, one that thinks truth is relevant and there are no absolutes, I need an anchor. I need a firm place to stand. I need a place of confidence and hope in which I can find rest for my weary soul. God's Word says I can take refuge in Him. My God is strong and trustworthy, an anchor for my soul.

My marriage life verse, Psalm 40:1-3 says in verse 2, "He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  As I rest in the Lord He holds me securely. He is the solid rock on which I choose to stand. I am confident that He is who He says He is, and will do what He says He will do because He is trustworthy. He is my hope and my Strong Tower. My God anchors my soul to Himself.

Thank You Jesus for anchoring me, for holding me securely to You.You are my support, my stability, my mainstay. Thank You Lord for never letting me go. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment