Friday, March 11, 2011

Openhanded

"Give generously to [the poor] and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to." Deuteronomy 15:10

This is another "if, then" kind of verse. "If" I give generously without a grudging or complaining or resentful heart, "then" God will bless me and the work I set my hands to.

God is pleased when I am openhanded with what He has entrusted to me, and when I give with a cheerful heart (2 Corinthians 9:7). If I am this kind of giver, God says I can expect to be blessed. But if I harbor negative feelings about what He's asking me to give, or give up, I think He'd rather me just keep it, because an offering given from a heart that's not right with Him isn't pleasing at all.

Lord, help me to see the needs of Your children around me and be willing to give from a heart that desires to please You. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment