Sunday, March 6, 2011

My God, My Reward

Installment #25 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

____________________________________________________________________________

Reward


(noun) something given or received in return for something else

"But without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and that he rewards everyone who searches for him." Hebrews 11:6

This verse is found in the "Hall of Faith" so to speak; the chapter in Hebrews where men are remembered because of their faith. I am reminded that it's more than just difficult to please God without faith. God's Word says it's virtually impossible! But those who believe, and earnestly seek Him out, are rewarded by God. He reveals Himself to the one whose heart diligently seeks after Him.

Father God, You are the greatest reward. There is no reward greater than communion with You. I pray Lord that as I seek You with my whole heart, earnestly, perseveringly, and diligently, that I will find in You my reward - a greater understanding of who You are, what You have done for me, and what Your plans are for me. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment