Wednesday, March 9, 2011

He is My Praise

"He is your praise..." Deuteronomy 10:21

My God is worthy of my praise and is the One to be praised!

As I read from Deuteronomy 10 today this four word phrase caught my attention. "He is your praise". He is my praise. David Guzik's commentary on this passage expounds upon it this way, "He is your praise: This is true in two senses. First, He is the object of our praise; second, He is also the One who makes us praiseworthy. Any wisdom, beauty or skill we show is not to our praise - but [His]." In other words, He is the object of my praise, and the One who makes anything good about me praiseworthy (or worth praising).

Praise You, Jesus! Mighty and awesome are Thee. All things excellent, all things praiseworthy, all things true come from You, and to You all praise is due. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment