Saturday, March 26, 2011

You Cannot Drink from Two Cups

"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons." 1 Corinthians 10:21

We disgrace the Lord's table when we fellowship with idols. Fellowship with the Lord and fellowship with demons (our idols) cannot be done simultaneously. We must decide who we will set our gaze upon... the Lord, or anything but the Lord, for anything we set before Him in our heart is an idol. Whatever sin we fall prey to habitually is an idol. If we choose to please man over God, man is our idol. Whatever we regularly choose over God Himself, is our god.

If my heart's desire is to be in fellowship with Christ, and dine at His table, He will become the overarching and prevailing influence in my life. He will influence my words, my actions and my choices. He will so overshadow my ways because I am hidden in Him, that others will see more of Him than me.

Father, help me to become deeper and deeper hidden in You so that my ways and my words become Yours. In Jesus' name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I love you friend...I am always so convicted & blessed when I read your entries--you are an awesome writer friend & God is using you greatly! Love you!

    ReplyDelete