Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where There Is No Revelation...

Installment #24 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

____________________________________________________________________________

Revelation


(noun) the act of revealing or disclosing something not previously known or realized; God's disclosure of Himself and His will to His people

"Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law." Proverbs 29:18

If I am idle and not in God's Word He cannot unveil the mystery of it to me, and therefore direct my steps. And if He is not guiding me by the wisdom found in His Word, I can easily lose my way, throw restraint and self-control to the wind, and fall to temptation. Hosea 4:6 says that His children "are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Destruction is avoided by walking in obedience, which God's Word says leads to blessing. If not for continual revelations from God through His Word, about Himself and His will for my life, I would become easy pray for the enemy of my soul. It is through the revealed Word of God that I find my way.

Father, I am so blessed when You lift the veil covering Your Word and reveal Yourself to me. I ask that each day You grant a new revelation about who You are and what You want from my life. Guide my steps according to Your infalible Word I pray, In Jesus' name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment