Thursday, March 17, 2011

Riding on the Clouds

“There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
   who rides on the heavens to help you
   and on the clouds in his majesty.
The eternal God is your refuge,
   and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemy before you,
   saying, ‘Destroy him!’
So Israel will live in safety alone;
   Jacob’s spring is secure
in a land of grain and new wine,
   where the heavens drop dew."
Deuteronomy 33:26-28 

NOTE: The "God of Jeshurun" is the God of the upright ones. This is a nickname for Israel.

My God, my Rescuer, rides in on the heavens to help me when I call on His name. He comes on the clouds in His majesty. He is my Refuge and His everlasting arms are under me. In His might and in His power and in His name, enemies are driven out before me. My God commands them to be destroyed, that I might live in a safe and secure place with Him.

I am crying out to the Father for help today, believing He will come riding on the clouds as I call upon His name. I am thankful for His faithfulness. I am grateful that He is a God of His Word and He keeps His promises. I choose today to hide myself in Him for He is my Refuge. I trust Him to hold me up with His everlasting arms.

Today I am praying this prayer... (I made it generic in case you need to pray it too!)

Father God, in Your name and by Your power I ask You to destroy the spirit of _____________ (name it) that is causing _____________ (me, or the name of the person being prayed for) to struggle. In the name of Jesus, "Destroy it!" so that _____________ (I, or other name) can live in Your safety alone and be secure in You. Bring about a heart change so that You can be represented in an upright and righteous way in _____________ (my, or other name) life. Thank You for the power to come against the enemy in Jesus' name. May today be a day of deliverance in _____________ (my, or other name) life! In Jesus' name, amen.

(Now that you have figured out the fill-in-the-blanks, whether for yourself or another person, pray it again out loud, and with conviction!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment