Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Brighter Outlook

Lord Jesus, You've been impressing the word "cynical" on my spirit since yesterday. This, after revealing a picture of "revival" yesterday morning...

I agree that in one, often-times difficult, situation in my life I have become cynical, and that is so displeasing to You. As I have researched the meaning of this word I admit that I have been critical, fault-finding, at the end of my rope some days; disappointed, let down, indifferent and somewhat soured over the things I have seen and experienced.

Lord, I do not like myself this way. I do not want to be cynical any longer - it's making me miserable. I am asking You as my God, my Healer and my Deliverer, to deliver me from this place of oppression. Deliver me to a place of renewed hope, belief in the good will of others, optimism, trust and no doubt. Lord, I want to walk in confidence in You, encouraged and encouraging others, unquestioning. I am in need of a brighter outlook. (Note: The moment I penned that last sentence in my journal, the sun peeked through the window above our front doors and shone over my shoulder onto the notebook as I wrote. Thank You Jesus for the miraculous little things You do to confirm my prayers are heard!)

I know that You O Lord are in control of all things. You have granted me so much freedom and spiritual rest in my life. Do it again I pray. Grant me rest in this Lord Jesus. I want my words, actions and thought life to be pleasing to You, my Rock and my Redeemer. Thank You for revealing to me the error of my ways. Help me to walk with a right heart and spirit in You. Bring revival to my heart I pray, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment