Saturday, January 8, 2011

My God, You Are...

"But I am the LORD Your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but Me, no Savior except Me." Hosea 13:4


After praying and worshiping You this morning God, and reading this scripture passage, I feel led to praise and worship You again through my words, recounting Your character. (Note: Many of the traits below are taken from a tattered index card I carry in my Bible where I list names of God as I encounter Him in new ways. I titled it "I AM Your..." and have added to the list for more than 6 years.)

My God, You Are...

All-Powerful, All-Sufficient, All-Knowing and You are Able
Beautiful, Bridegroom
Compassionate, Counselor, my Confidence, my Creator
Delighted in me, my "Daddy", my Deliverer and my Daily Bread
Eternal, Everlasting, Ever-Present, Everywhere and my Everything
Faithful, Father God and my Fortress
Gentle and God Most High
Healer, Hope, my Hiding Place
Indescribable, Inconceivable, Incomparable and the great I AM
Joy, Jehova
King of Kings and...
Lord of Lords, Lover of my Soul, Light in the Darkness and the Lifter of my Head
Majestic, Merciful, Mighty Warrior
Name Above All Names, the Narrow Gate
Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent
Powerful, Provider, Prince of Peace, my Protector and my Portion
Quiet Place
Rescuer, Redeemer, Refiner, Restorer, my Rock and my Refuge
Savior, Strength, Sustainer, Salvation, my Shepherd, my Shield and my Spacious Place
Trustworthy, Teacher, Thirst Quencher and my Treasure
Unfathomable, Understanding, my Unseen Companion and Guest in every room
Victorious, the Vine and the Voice that guides me
Worthy of all my praise, the only Wise God
eXcellent
Yahweh (the unspeakable name)
Z the beginning and the end

                                                                             ...and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment