Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just Pondering....

Just pondering this passage from The Message today...

I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing:
To live with Him in His house my whole life long.
I'll contemplate His beauty; I'll study at His feet.
That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world...
Psalm 27:4-5a (emphasis added)

When I sit at the feet of Jesus, basking in the Word and His presence, if but for a moment my world seems to melt away. Trials and struggles fade to the background as I focus on my God and tell my problems how BIG He is. My heart is quieted as His Word assures me that He loves and tenderly cares for me. What I have been missing out on is the "contemplating His beauty" part. The Amplified version says, "to behold and gaze upon the beauty of the Lord" meaning to ponder His sweet attractiveness and delightful loveliness.

Father God, I want to know Your beauty. I want to really understand what that means. I want to take it in and reflect upon it. I want to soak it in and be changed by it. Hear my prayer O Lord and answer, I pray. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment