Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saturate Me, Lord!

"And he said to man, 'the fear of the Lord - that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.'" Job 28:28

Fear of the Lord means to have a reverential trust in Him. It leads me to be humble, obedient and worshipful towards  Him. To shun evil is to hate what is not pleasing to God and turn away or steer clear from it. God's Word says that fearing God and trusting Him brings wisdom; turning from evil brings about understanding. As I trust the Lord and abstain from those things that do not please God, He makes clear the path that leads to life abundant in Him (Proverbs 3:5-6). Fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7). Knowledge of the Holy One also brings understanding (Proverbs 9:10). The only way to gain this spiritual kind of wisdom is to spend time with God,  habitually walking and talking with Him, soaking up the Son by basking in His Word. When I know - truly know -  who God is, I can take Him at His Word, believing that He is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do. Regardless of my circumstances, I choose to believe God and speak the Living Word of God into my life. As I do, I'm trusting Him, worshiping Him, believing Him, understanding Him more fully, and gaining wisdom.

Oh Father, saturate me with Your Word. Fill me up with grace and power to speak Your Word with great confidence. Sharpen my mind with Your Word and make me an effective tool in Your hands I pray. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog! Can't wait to read more--you are such a wise & gifted writer. I have much to learn from you friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete