Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not for Profit

"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the Word of God for a profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God." 2 Corinthians 2:17

As I pondered the thought of starting a blog, wondering if anyone would want to read what the Lord leads me to pen in my Life Journal, I believe He divinely pointed me to this scripture. I was supposed to be reading Galatians 3 that day, and thought I was, but glanced back and noticed an underlined verse in chapter 2. As I decided to write on that passage, I realized I was actually in 2 Corinthians - but right where God wanted me. It was as though He was speaking to and affirming my decision to blog and giving clear direction. This is what I penned that day...

My God breathes life into His Word so that I might understand the mystery of His Words and His ways. The wisdom I gain comes from a stirring in my heart and mind by the Lord after sitting at His feet, feasting at His table. So who am I to think I should make a profit from God's inspiration? All that I have, all that I am, all that I ever hope to be comes from the hand of God. I am simply called to speak and share with sincerity, as a woman called by God. May my pen be divinely inspired to write in a thought provoking way that encourages others with straightforwardness, honesty, transparency and goodwill, from the heart.

Father God, 

Thank You for Your Word; for clear direction as I put my toe in the water and venture out in obedience to share the things that You are teaching me.  I ask for Your blessings, Your favor and a boldness to share unashamedly. 

In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment