Thursday, November 25, 2010

Praise the Lord

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." Psalm 150:6

Praise God in the sanctuary.
Praise Him in the heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power.
   ...for His surpassing greatness.
Praise Him through music.
Let everything that has breath, praise the LORD.

To praise literally means to admire, commend, exalt, bow down in order to lift up another, to honor, proclaim, rave over, sing the praises of, and to worship. Praise also includes expressions of gratitude. On this day set aside to give thanks, I have considered the ways giving thanks to Him includes all these things. I should give thanks to God in the sanctuary, and will give Him thanks one day in heaven. I am called to thank Him for the powerful ways He has worked in and through my life. I thank Him for who He is - the characteristics of Himself that I know Him by, and the ones I have yet to understand. Though my voice is not the most joyful sound to my ears, He says it is to His - so I should thank Him through song. As long as I have breath in me my attitude should be one of gratitude and I should be thanking the LORD!

Thank You Lord Jesus for the mighty ways You have moved and worked in my life. Thank You for being my Father, Healer, Deliverer, Redeemer, Restorer, Provider, Sustaining Power, and for being Able to do more than I could ever ask or imagine. Help me Father to be reminded all through the day of Your greatness, that I may praise You and give You thanks. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment