Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just "Noise"

"If I could speak all the languages of the earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or clanging cymbal." 1 Corinthians 13:1 (NLT)

In order to be received well by others, God's Word says I must speak in love. I specifically think about this passage as it applies to my family - my husband and children in particular - those that would most often receive the brunt of a less than loving mood. If I do not speak to them in love, I am just "noise" to their ears. I don't want to be noise. I want my words to be spoken in love, reflecting the love of Christ within me, and received.

Father God, You deal with me so lovingly and no doubt, as a Father, speak words of love over me. Help me to speak that way to my husband and my children...words of love, words of life, that they might fall on a receptive heart and ears. I don't want my words to be noise because of the way they are spoken. I want my words to build them up, to be soothing, healing, encouraging, edifying, affirming, and most importantly, loving. Empower me to do Your will I pray. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment