Monday, November 8, 2010

Adequate in Christ

" Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? ...you yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You should know that you are a letter from Christ...written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." 2 Corinthians 3:1-5 

Commending yourself is pride, and pride is sin. My life should be a testimony of what God has done, like a letter written on the tablet of my heart. My competence, my abilities, my sufficiency - anything that appears adequate within me - comes from God.

Thank You Lord that in You and You alone, I am competent, able and adequate to do everything You call me to do. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment