Friday, November 26, 2010

The LORD is My Help

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD." Psalm 121:1-2

Where do I turn when I am in need but to the LORD. When I am helped it is always because the LORD chose to help me. As I plead for help in my struggles I must turn to the LORD. He is my ever-present help in times of trouble, trial and struggles. He is my "Need Meeter". His Word is meant to be my guide. Should help appear to come from any other source - comfort or encouragement from a friend, a much needed hug, a timely phone call, the right song at the right moment, a check in the mail, an eleventh-hour save, a way out - it is because He deemed it so. He often chooses to use the hands and feet of those who care about me to minister when I am desperate or distraught, with just the right touch at just the right time. The LORD is always faithful to meet my needs, how ever He chooses to help!

Father, forgive me for worrying. I know it adds nothing to my day. I turn my heart to You and leave my cares at Your feet. You are my help in times of trouble. You are my shelter in the storm. You are the Maker of heaven and earth - nothing is too difficult for Thee! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment