Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just a Thought...

Just sharing a thought I've had after a really long season of sifting...

"Sometimes I believe we are sifted to prove where our loyalties lie."  ~ Pamela Mattox

To elaborate just a tad, sometimes I believe we are allowed to be sifted so that Jesus can prove to the enemy where our loyalties lie. He gives Satan permission to sift us as wheat. In Luke 22:31-32 Jesus says "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." My Bible is marked March 1, 2005 when the Lord gave me that verse and impressed upon my heart that I would begin a season of sifting. I'm still not sure if we're done yet, and I know I am not the only one in the world being sifted. Prayerfully, it will be proven that our loyalties, regardless of how difficult the circustances we endure, lie with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment