Saturday, November 27, 2010

Safe in His Arms

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever." Psalm 125:1

"Those who trust in the LORD" encompasses all believers. Everyone, Jesus says, who has been "born of water and the Spirit" (John 3:5). Those who have been "born again" with new life in Christ (John 3:7), who trust in, lean on and confidently put their hope in the LORD. These believers "are like Mount Zion". Mountains symbolize firmness and stability. Mount Zion's root meaning is "landmark", translated "fortress" or tower of strength. It is called in Isaiah "The City of Righteousness". A place representing those who know God and who are known by God. So everyone who trusts in the LORD is secure, like a fortress. Psalm 46:5 says, "God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day."

One this secure "cannot be shaken", moved or defeated by the power of any adversary. The secure endure forever - standing, abiding, lasting in Him. Those committed to God shall be safe from their enemies. Our troubles shall last no longer than the God-given strength we are given to bear them. The enemy may come against the righteous - the person, their family, their property, their health, their wealth, their freedom or name - anything that is a part of them, but he cannot touch their soul. The believer's soul is secure and sealed with Christ until the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

My Jesus, my trust is in You. I lean on and place my confidence in You and You alone. You are my Rock, my Fortress and in You I am secure and cannot be shaken. Though the enemy may come against me, Your Word promises that You will be my help and my Safe Place. My soul is secure in You. As Phil Wickham sings, I will be safe in Your arms, Lord. Thank You in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment