Sunday, February 13, 2011

Released!

Installment #9 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

_________________________________________________________________________

Release


(verb) to free from confinement, bondage, obligation or pain; to let go as to release a prisoner

"If a fellow Hebrew, a man or a woman, sells himself to you and serves you six years, in the seventh year you must let him go free. And when you release him, do not send him away empty-handed. Supply him liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to him as the LORD your God has blessed you." Deuteronomy 15:12-14

This passage is so precious to me having experienced it first-hand in my life. With reference to freeing servants, God spoke this Word into my life quite a few years ago. He promised that when He released me from the bondage and pain of my past, I would not go empty-handed. My God is a promise-keeper. In restoring my life He has blessed me beyond belief! He kept His promise to me, and I believe this to be true for every captive He sets free. I had the privilege of watching Him release a friend from bondage just this past week. It was a sight to behold! And I am sure she too will not go empty-handed. God will bless her beyond belief. Freedom is priceless, but it's not free. It takes work, perseverance, tears, etc. But when God releases His servants and sets them free, they are free indeed!

Lord Jesus, I could never thank You enough for the release from bondage and oppression You granted me. May I live my life as a simple thank you for all You have done for me... In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment