Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reflect

Installment #5 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

_________________________________________________________________________

 Reflect


(verb) to mirror or give back an image

"As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart." Proverbs 27:19

They say the eyes are windows to the soul. Some people can put on a pretty good "happy face" and cover things up...at least for a while. But if there is turmoil, shame, bitterness, anger, etc. in my heart, it will eventually show up on my face. God's Word says that my face reflects my heart, therefore when my countenance in downtrodden and less than cheerful, I should examine my heart and consider where my thoughts, affections and intentions lie. If I find there is sin in my heart I must quickly repent of it. I want my hands to be clean, my heart to be pure, and my eyes fixed on Jesus, so that my face reflects the Light within and draws others to Him. A corrupt heart reflects the world, but a sanctified heart reflects the Father.

Lord, I desire to live a life that reflects clean hands and a pure heart before You. A life that reflects a heart whose affections are set on You. A life that reflects time spent with the Father. Enough with the world, I desire more of You. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment