Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Refuge

Installment #6 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

_________________________________________________________________________

 Refuge


(noun) shelter from protection or danger; a place of safety; anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief or escape

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1

God is a shelter for His people. He is a safe place to run to, a place of escape, a shelter in the storm. To find refuge in my God means I can call on His name, sit at His feet, curl up in His lap in my mind and just be with Him. I can pour out my thoughts, feelings and struggles to Him. He already knows what's in my heart anyway...what's making me fearful, weary or troubled. And in that place of trouble He promises to be my strength, to stay present with me, and be the best help I could ever receive.

Lord, be my refuge today I pray. As I rest in You, as I share my thoughts and feelings with You, I thank You that You are near. I thank You for Your strength when I am weak. I thank You that Your presence is with me and You are my help in times of need. Thank You Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment