Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reasons to Rejoice

Installment #8 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

_________________________________________________________________________

Rejoice


(verb) to cheer, gladden, make merry or take delight in

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice." 1 Chronicles 16:10
 
God's Word gives me so many reasons to rejoice as a believer. I can rejoice...
 
..in the Lord, always. (Philippians 4:4)
  ...because the Lord has blessed me. (Deuteronomy 12:7)
    ...over all the good things the Lord has given me and my family. (Deuteronomy 26:11)
      ...in God's goodness. (2 Chronicles 6:41)
       ...in God's protective covering. (Psalm 5:11)
        ...in my salvation. (Psalm 13:5)
          ...in God's restoration. (Psalm 14:7)
            ...in God's love and provision for me. (Psalm 31:7-8)
              ...in God's judgements. (Psalm 48:11)
                ...in the miracles the Lord has performed. (Psalm 66:6)
                  ...in this day the Lord has made! (Psalm 118:24)
                    ...in God's promises like one who finds great spoil. (Psalm 119:162)
                      ...that I may go to the house of the Lord. (Psalm 122:1)
                        ...in my Maker and King. (Psalm 149:2)
                          ...in my inheritance. (Isaiah 61:7)
                            ...because my Lord sings over me. (Zephaniah 3:17)
                             ...in persecution, for great is my reward in heaven. (Matthew 5:12)
                               ...because of the Lord's birth. (Luke 1:14)
                                 ...that my name is written in heaven. (Luke 10:20)
                                   ...that my Lord gathers what is lost. (Luke 15:6, 9)
                                     ...in the hope and glory of the Lord. (Romans 5:2)
                                       ...in my sufferings which produce perseverance. (Romans 5:3)
                                         ...in reconciliation to God. (Romans 5:11)
                                           ...with those who rejoice. (Romans 12:15)
                                             ...with the truth. (1 Corinthians 13:6)
                                               ...when I suffer like Christ. (1 Peter 4:13)
                                                 ...for my eternal home in heaven. (Revelation 12:12)

Lord Jesus, may my heart always find reason to rejoice in You! In Your Holy name I pray, amen.

Vine, W. E. "Rejoice", Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. Blue Letter Bible. 1940. 24 June, 1996 12 Feb 2011.
<http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/Dictionary/viewTopic.cfm?
type=GetTopic&Topic=Rejoice&DictList=9#Vine's>
 

No comments:

Post a Comment