Saturday, February 19, 2011

For His Renown

Installment #14 of my self-assigned project to study the "re" words in God's Word. (For further explanation of this undertaking, refer to the entry titled "Reach, Read and Reap" from February 3, 2011.)

____________________________________________________________________________

Renown

(noun) widespread and highly regarded reputation; distinctive, notable, glorious, celebrated, famous

"Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts." Isaiah 26:8

Whatever comes of me, whatever comes of my life, whatever comes of my name, my heart's desire should always be that God's name get the glory. Even when life is difficult or circumstances are tough, and I am waiting with expectancy for the Lord to move, I should seek to have a godly attitude, the name of the Lord on my lips and obedience to Him in my heart. Even in my darkest, most desperate hours, my desire should be for Him. God's reputation and my representation of it should be of highest concern in my life. Often times I may be the only Jesus someone else will ever see!

Am I living to make His name famous?

Lord Jesus, my heart's desire is to make the name of the Lord famous, not my own. May I live for Your renown. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment