Thursday, May 5, 2011

If You Are Willing, Lord

"While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy. When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean." Luke 5:12

Jesus always has the power to heal (to deliver, rescue, save, answer my prayers...), but the key lies in whether He is willing. The answer likely hinges on whether the answer sought would bring Him the most glory. Because He knows all and sees all, He and He alone determines what is best for me. Sometimes His best is, "Yes, I am willing". Sometimes it is, "not now" or "no". Graciously receiving His answer is my responsibility.

When I pray, I should recognize Christ's power to heal or to answer, but should be praying, "If you are willing, Lord" - similar to Jesus' prayer in Mark 14:36, "Take this cup from Me. Yet not what I will, but what You will".

Lord, help me to remember to preface or conclude my prayers with an acknowledgement of Your will such as, "If You are willing, Lord". I only want Your best for me. In Jesus' name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. Pamela,

    Just wanted to make sure you knew you won the Lucid Books contest for the $100 Amazon card. Email me at brad@lucidbooks.net and let me know how we can get your prize to you. Congrats!

    By the way, like the blog.

    ReplyDelete