Friday, May 27, 2011

Eyes on the Goal

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you." Proverbs 4:25

As I walk and talk with Jesus on the journey of my life, I envision Him right beside me, yet straight in front of me. He is my Faithful Companion, and the One whom my gaze should be fixed upon.

God is not off in the distance. He is not a distraction on the right or the left. He is the goal set before me. The prize in front of me. A prize of high calling. The One whom I should direct all my efforts toward.

My Father, my Companion, my Friend - Help me to fix my gaze firmly on You. Amid the distractions of everyday life, remind me that You are of greatest importance. You are the prize! You are my treasure. I know that You love me - and I love You too. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment