Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Clean Cup


"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but the inside is full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean." Matthew 23:25-26

The cup and dish in this parable represent our lives.  We often make sure the outside looks good and clean to others, while our cup may be full of self or other things displeasing to a Holy God. Only when we truly allow Him to clean out the inside of our cup from all the junk in our lives can our cup be clean in God's eyes.

As a follower of Christ, He is sanctifying me and constantly trying to cleanse me of all things that do not look like Him in my life. He is cleaning my cup! My response is my part in the process. I can either be a willing participant, quickly getting to work on the things He points out. Or I can go kicking and screaming and keep dealing with circumstances He allows to purge that sin from me until I cooperate. It's up to me how clean I want to be!

Lord Jesus, I truly do want my life to be a reflection of you. Show me how to change my faults that You bring to light into something that pleases You. Show me how to walk through the difficult circumstances You allow in a Christ-like manner. Teach me Your ways Lord that I may walk in them. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment