Friday, April 22, 2011

Joyful Dependence

"Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings." Psalm 63:7

When I seek shelter in times of trial or trouble in the shadow of the Lord's wings, my safe place,  I can sing praises knowing my God is my help. I can joyfully depend on Him. There is  a confidence that comes from knowing my God is able to meet all of my needs as I seek Him in faith and in prayer.

When I am troubled I can find relief and confidence in remembering the times my God has helped me before and trust that He will help me again. He has never failed me - and promises He never will. I can trust God with my future because I know He works all things together for good and He has good plans for me.

Matthew Henry's commentary on Psalm 63 suggests that because the Lord is, and always has been, so faithful to help us we should resolve to never "desert Him, never distrust Him, nor ever droop in our walking with Him." That last part stepped on my toes this morning. My walk has been rather "droopy" this week. Instead of  "drooping" I should walk in confidence believing God. He is my Help, my Refuge and my Rescuer. I want to walk in joyful dependence on Him.

Lord Jesus, thank You for speaking to me through Your Word and in Your still, small voice these past few days. Thank You for lifting my spirits and reminding me to shift my focus from the problems to the Problem Solver. Help me to walk in joyful dependence on You. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment