Monday, April 11, 2011

Find Rest, O My Soul

"This is what the LORD says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16


God's Word says implies we are to ponder the path of our feet. We are to consider the ways of the wise who have gone before us; those who have diligently sought the Lord. Consider the paths such patriarchs as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob took to help determine where the "good way" is, and then walk in it. Considering which path to take also means determining which path not to take; the path of the wicked. We are to find the narrow path and take the high road. Determine to take the way that agrees with God's written Word and lines up with His promises. Then, God says, you will find rest for your souls. A spiritual kind of rest that only He can give. Though the path may be painful along the way, the return at journey's end will be well worth it.

Lord Jesus, my soul needs this kind of rest. It feels hard pressed on so many sides, and the only true rest for my soul can be found in You. I ask You Lord to order my steps, to help me determine where the high road lies, and give me courage to walk there with You, that I might find rest for my soul. In Jesus' name, amen.












No comments:

Post a Comment