Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Remnant

"But for those who fear You, You have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow." Psalm 60:4

Among the Israelites there was a remnant of people who feared God. They had a reverential trust, high regard, worshipful attitude and obedient heart toward the One whom they knew would keep His promises to them. Though they had been experiencing desprate times that made them stagger (v.3), they knew that the Lord would unite them ("raise a banner") against the enemy. With God they would gain the victory and He would trample down their enemies (v.12).

Lord Jesus, make me a remnant of the people of my day for You. One who trusts You without question in the big things, and especially in the small things, because sometimes they seem harder for me to leave in Your hands. Unite me with likeminded believers and fortify us so that we may stand strong against the enemy. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment