Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beautiful Intercession

Do you ever have one of those days when you can't clear your head long enough to put your thoughts together in prayer? This morning was one of those days for me. After struggling for some time I told the Lord I wanted to read His Word for a while, and then pray after - hoping it would help to put my thoughts in order. As I did, I read a passage that made for beautiful intercession. It reminded me that praying God's Word back to Him - believing His promises about whatever is on my heart, and incorporating the two - is one of the most effective ways to pray...

Father God,

I wait in hope for You as I pray for __________________________________; You are my help and my shield. In You my heart rejoices, for I trust in Your holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon me, O LORD, even as I put my hope in You.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.


(Adapted from Psalm 33:20-22)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment