Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Sustaining Power

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11b

Paul, writing from prison, is telling the Philippians in his letter that he knows "what it is to be in need" and "what it is to have plenty" (v.12). Out of his experience he states that he has "learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Through his trials he came to the conclusion that he could do everything - endure through times of want and plenty - through Christ who strengthened him.

To be content means to require nothing from the outside; to have everything I need in Jesus because He alone satisfies in every situation.

Lord Jesus, You have been my Need-Meeter in difficult times; times of want. And You have been all I needed in times of need. You alone are my sustaining power. Thank You Jesus! In Your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment