Sunday, June 12, 2011

Love Incorruptible

"Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus with love incorruptible." Ephesians 6:24 (ESV)

I was reading from Ephesians 6 this morning - the familiar passage about spiritual warfare and the importance of daily putting on the full armor of God. As I read from the ESV version I noticed that Paul ended his letter to Ephesus with the words in the verse above. The phrase "love incorruptible" caught my attention. I wanted to know more about this love we should have for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Incorruptible with reference to love in this phrase would be a love that cannot be perverted, dissolved or disintegrated in any way. It is a love that is honest, honorable, indestructible, loyal, pure, persistent and trustworthy. How does my love for the Lord compare?

Father God, I pray for the grace and strength to love You with a love incorruptible all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment