Friday, June 3, 2011

God of Patience

Today I am sharing some commentary notes by David Guzik that encouraged me as I was reading about Romans 15:5-6 which says,

"May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"Our God is a God of patience. We are often in so much of a hurry, and God often seems too slow for us. Often the purposes of God seem to be delayed but they are always fulfilled. God's delays are not His denials, and He has a loving purpose in every delay.

We love God's patience with His people - we need Him to be patient with us! Yet we often resent God's patience with His plan - we think He should hurry up. Nevertheless, God is patient both with His people and in His plan."

Thank You Lord for being patient with me. Forgive for my lack of patience with You when I can't see Your hand or Your plan as clearly as I would like to. I know that Your timing is perfect and You are faithful and trustworthy. Help me to rest in You. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment