Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Don't Miss the Mark

"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2

God has planted hopes, desires and dreams in my heart - things to be passionate about. But I must be careful not to get carried away in passion and zeal and put the cart before the horse. Lack of knowledge is ignorance. Unless I collect knowledge, wisdom and Godly advice through prayer, God's Word and wise counsel, I may miss the mark. I don't want to take false steps. I want to keep my feet firmly planted on the way God has mapped out for me.

Lord Jesus, as I explore and pursue things You have spoken into my heart, I ask You to order my steps that I may walk with You - not ahead, nor behind, nor off the beaten path doing my own thing. I want to walk with You, with knowledge, so that You can show me Your way. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment