Monday, June 24, 2013

I Stand in Awe

"They were all filled with awe and praised God. 'A great prophet has appeared among us,' they said. 'God has come to help His people.' This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country." Luke 17:16-17 (NIV)

The immediate reaction of the widow and onlookers after Jesus brought her son back to life was a holy fear. Fear that produced awe, followed spontaneously with praise to the Father. Once they wrapped their minds around what had taken place they realized this 'Jesus' among them was a man of great power - a prophet as far as they knew - and through Him, God had come to help His people. They could not contain their awe and praise - it just flowed out of them and they spread the word throughout Judea and the surrounding countries.

The Lord in His goodness and His greatness should be feared. His redeeming power should leave me in awe. My awe should lead me to glorify my Father through words of praise on my lips. My dead soul was rescued and brought back to life, and my God redeemed me. Let me forever be pointing people to Him!

Father God, I stand in awe of all the things You have done for me. I am in awe of Your power to rescue, redeem and restore. Thank You for the opportunities You give me to speak of Your faithfulness. May there always be praise on my lips and a holy fear in my heart. I ask this in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment