Thursday, June 27, 2013

Foiled Plans

"The LORD foils the plans of the nations; He thwarts the purposes of His peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations." Psalm 33:10-11

God's plan always wins out. The craftiest, most thoughtful, carefully calculated plans, as good intentioned as they may be, will be foiled by the LORD if they do not fit into His grand plan. Kings and rulers have been baffled and frustrated when their efforts proved in vain. The LORD is clear in His Word when He says, "The heart of the man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps" in Proverbs 16:9. Instead we are instructed in Proverbs 16:3, "commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established." (Some versions say, "your plans will succeed".) If God orders it to be, then it will be. If God says it shall not stand, then regardless of how hard we may try, it will not come to pass - not as we thought anyway!

When I submit my plans to the LORD in prayer and seek His divine direction, I have a choice to make when the answer is received: obey and do things His way, or disobey and rely on my own strength and risk my plans being thwarted. The latter never works out. I am living out such consequences even now over something that would seem silly to the average person. The difference is, I know that I know my plans were foiled because I did not heed the Lord's direction. I pressed on with all my good intentions of being a blessing, but God has seen to it that my plans have not worked out, and I've been left "holding the bag" so to speak. He's teaching me up close and personal that even when my heart is good and my plans are good, if He says "no" I must concede because HIS ways are always best. If I really believe that, then I will choose to obey!

Help me Jesus to remember to commit my plans to You, and be willing to adjust when You choose to redirect me. I only want Your best for me! In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment