Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tell Your God Stories

"'Return home and tell how much God has done for you.' So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him." Luke 8:39

God wants the stories of His goodness and faithfulness told. I know full well that He did not set me free from sin and shame for me to keep my mouth closed. He wants me to use my voice! So it was for the demon-possessed man as well.

In this parable, Jesus is met on the shore of Gerasenes by a man who was possessed with demons. When Jesus speaks to him, the demons recognize Him as the Son of the Most High God, and panic. They ask to be driven into a herd of nearby pigs instead of the Abyss. Jesus agrees and gives the command. The spirits come out of the man and go into the pigs, who rush down into a steep lake and drown. The man is restored to sound mind and is found sitting at Jesus' feet. 

Those who watched this story unfold ran off to report it to the townspeople, announcing that the man had been cured. When they came to see the man for themselves they trembled with fear and asked Jesus to leave. The man who was healed wanted to go with Jesus, but He commanded instead, "Return home and tell how much God has done for you." In other words, go and tell your God story!

Jesus, thank You for the God stories You have created in my life. I pray that You would use them for Your glory and to point others to the hope and freedom that are only found in You. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment